- eleeya reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- unicorn-of-my-heart reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- kitteh-neon-is-chemically-inert reblogged this from gingery-gal and added:
- gingery-gal reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- veggybunny reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- bajo-el-mar reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- theglassprincess reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- ladywhalersofthemoon reblogged this from motivatedslacker and added:
- linnet-bird-of-highgarden reblogged this from scoldylox
- geekquality reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- lucillebruise reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- gretchenisincognito reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- dmhomeboy reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- scoldylox reblogged this from nerdling
- nerdling reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- zorlock reblogged this from supersoygrrrl
- motivatedslacker reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- supersoygrrrl reblogged this from lizakateisgreat and added:
- boehner-trollololll likes this
- leconducteurattend reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- lizakateisgreat reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- lalie reblogged this from ladyfabulous
- ladyfabulous reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- motivatedslacker likes this
- stevesphotos likes this
- stevesphotos reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- cheddarlywry reblogged this from roadtooklahoma and added:
- slaybelle reblogged this from roadtooklahoma
- roadtooklahoma posted this
Help me get home!
Well, it looks like I’m in a bind and might need a little help. Please read this and feel free to share with your friends.
As many of you know, my mother (who lives in Oklahoma) has been having serious health issues. She was hospitalized on July 5 due to extensive internal bleeding and barely made it out alive. I won’t go into too many details, but there may have been foul play involved. She had several blood transfusions while in the hospital and seemed like she was on her way back to health, but she was checked out early against medical advice.
My Mom is in pretty bad shape again. She suspects that she’s bleeding and needs to go into the hospital as soon as possible. Unfortunately, my parents have found themselves in a precarious financial situation (and without health insurance) due to criminal activity on the part of a shady family member. Their life savings have dwindled away and they are currently living without water and electricity. They are desperate for help and have asked me to come home.
I’ve been dealing with this situation from California for over four months and have tried to help my parents as much as possible, but there’s only so much I can do from 1,600 miles away. It’s time for me to go back home. Ani (my partner) is lucky enough to have some time away from work and I don’t start my new job until October 1, so we have an opportunity to road trip back to Oklahoma and help my parents out.
What’s our biggest obstacle? You guessed it. Money. With both of us not working during the time we’re away, it’s going to be very difficult for us to meet our expenses AND get to Oklahoma. Even on a shoestring budget it’s still going to be impossible.
That’s where you come in, dear friends. I’ve never been one to ask for money, but I don’t know what else to do at this point. My Mom is struggling more than ever before and I’m scared for her health. Ani and I would like to reach out and ask our community of friends to please give what they can to help me get home. Every dollar helps and no amount is too small!
We are lucky enough to have friends and family who have graciously offered us a place to sleep, so it’s unlikely that we will stay in many hotels. We just need enough money to drive there and back and eat along the way.
Anyone who donates to our cause (and includes their address) will receive a fun kitschy postcard from the road and our undying love.
Here’s our Tumblr. If you can’t donate, you can help us by spreading our story far and wide.
- Sarah Bliss